BC Green Games is a province-wide competition for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students, designed to encourage action, enable sharing and reward and celebrate the green efforts of schools in BC.
The steps to participation include:
1. Register! Registration begins September 15, 2012, until November 30, 2012 extended to March 1, 2013. Sign up your team with your BC Green Games Team Leader (teacher sponsor or secondary student with permission from Teacher Sponsor). Team Leaders have the responsibility of registration and submission of their school team's final projects.
2. Submit and Share! Starting February 1 and until March 1, 2013 help your sponsor teacher submit your entry. View projects in the BC Green Games Gallery and vote for your favourite entries during March 2013!
3. See the Winners! Chosen by judges and you and announced in April 2013.
(note: these dates are subject to change)
Working as a team with other students, you’ll do the following:
- design a creative solution to an environmental challenge in your school or community
- document your actions
Your project may include but is not limited to topics like the following:
- climate change
- greenhouse gas reduction
- energy conservation
- stewardship and conservation
- sustainable development
Projects that fit into BC Green Games submission guidelines and are action-based projects facilitated by an established environmental education program are encouraged.
BC Green Games was developed in collaboration with youth, the B.C. Ministry of Education, the Environmental Educator's Provincial Specialist Association (EEPSA) and the North Vancouver and Richmond School Districts.
Check out the Resources for more information.