January 2019 Newsletter
Project Submission is almost here!
It is almost time to submit your projects! From January 15 to March 1 you will be able to submit your BC Green Games projects. We will send you an e-mail with a link to the submission form on January 15, you will also be able to find it on the website.
Winners will be announced April 4.
Tips for a Great Project
So you've taken action and documented your hard work, but now you're wondering how to put your project together? We have a few tips and resources for you!
- All projects need a Team Photo, a Project Description/Essay, and of course the project itself. Get creative with your photos and videos to draw in more people to your project and collect more votes!
- When submitting, keep in mind that all entries will be judged based on three qualities: environmental action, student involvement, and story telling & communication.
- Before you submit: ensure that your project complies with copyright law! No entry may include any trademarked or third-party materials (photos, music, etc.) without obtaining written permission from the owners of the trademarked materials.
- Visit the galleries to see what other teams have done in the past. You can check out an example video project and example photo essay to see what the layout looks like!
Online voting is available as soon as a project is submitted. Teams interested in the Call2Recycle Viewer's Choice Award, use this time to campaign! Encourage your school, parents, and community to vote for your project!
The Call2Recycle Viewer's Choice Award is a friendly voting competition that opens up as soon as your team has submitted your project.
How it works:
- Viewers can vote once per hour
- The four teams with the most votes by March 15 at midnight will be awarded a $500 prize for their school.
All teams that register and submit a project are invited to enjoy a free field trip at their nearest science centre between March 2 and the end of the school year.
Participating Science Centres:
- Science World at TELUS World of Science
- The Exploration Place
- The BIG Little Science Centre
- The Okanagan Science Centre
If your team is coming to Science World, please book it through the website. Write "BCGG" in the comments to avoid being charged.
If your team will be attending a field trip at a science cnetre other than Science World, please cantact us at email@example.com